Published by the Northern Ohio Apartment Association
Suites Magazine is NOAA’s glossy, full-color publication comprised of industry news, features and events of interest to our membership. Suites Magazine is published bimonthly and our circulation reaches beyond NOAA to more than 2,500 owners, managers and site staff throughout Northern Ohio. Printed back issues are available by request (limited supply).
Advertise in Suites – Insertion Order Form
Suites Magazine reaches an audience that owns or manages 137,346 suites in Northern Ohio. 848 Magazine circulated in print, 154 industries reached – From property owners, managers and maintenance to restoration, law firms, flooring, painting and financial institutions.
Key Awards Images
NOAA Name Change
No Slowdown for Cleveland
Phragmites: An Invasive Species
Seven Landlord Virtues
The Cloud is quickly becoming the norm for storage
15 Property Improvements to Make Right Now
10 Common Assistive Animal Questions
Group Purchasing Discounts
That App Just Stole Your Identity
The East End Residences
Communicating to Today’s Resident
Maintaining the Building Fire Alarm
Back to Basics
2016 Key Award Top 10 Award Images
A Surge of New Renters is Changing the Apartment Landscape
Prevent Concrete Cracking
Don’t Let Hackers Fool you with These Tricks
– Criminal Conviction Screening Policies
– Legislative Representation
– Hoarding and Its Implications on Landlord-Tenant Law
– REAC Nightmare in Northern Ohio
– 9 Warning Signs Your Computer is Infected with Spyware
Clear skies ahead as Cleveland heats up in mid-July
– A look at Cleveland’s apartment Market
– Apartment complex recycling
– New apartment projects data sheet
– Don’t let your phone be used against you
2015 Key Awards | Property of the Year
The Terraces on the Green – Comet Management
2015 Key Award Winner
– Know you Members; Sandra Rodriguez – Fedor Manor Senior Housing
– Key Awards 2015 Photos
– Fiber Optics & “Gigabit Internet” Meet Multifamily Housing
– NOAA & ABC Fall Maintenance Workshops
– Trade Show Information
– How to Backup You Smart Phone Data
– Doing Our Duty
West 25th Street Lofts
A Development Story not for the weak at heart.
– Know you Members; Donna Rudnay, Extended Housing | Mon Cheri Davenport, Social Eyez, LLC
– The Permanent Concrete Waterproofing Solutions
– How Power Washing Extends the Life of Your Roof
– Top 10 Business Backup Requirements
– NOAA Legal Hotline Spotlight
Winter of Discontent
The winter of 2014-15 tested your resolve… and salt supplies, plumbing, concrete, snow removal and your residents’ patience.
– Know Your Members; Janene Kubit, 200 West Apartments & Martin Cohen, H and M Mangement
– Key Awards Registration Form
– Apartment Security: What you really need to know
– Does This Password Sound Familiar?
How to Win Property of the Year
Here’s how, according to Key Award judges and apartment managers who have done just that.
– Know your Members; Leslie Buike & Yvette Rouff
– Successful Selling Begins with You!
– Spring Cleaning – Mulch
– Simple ways to use e-mail more efficiently
– Tribute Victor Javitch
Property of the Year – Statler Arms
Multi-Story, Luxury ($951-$1,150), 1985-Present
scored 104.69%, highest of the 159 entries!
– Court Decision Benefits Owners Property Tax
– Prepare you Property for Next Spring
– NOAA Trade Show & Arcade Information
– Key Awards Results and Images
– Mayor Frank Jackson – Key to the Industry Award
– Using Videos to Onboard New Employees
– NOAA, Tri-C – Certified Manager of Apartments
2014 – August
Legal War Stories
From the Front Lines of Property Management
Every now and again, when the stars align and the moon is full, landlords find themselves mired in something that leaps from the mundane to the bizarre. From the front lines of the apartment industry, we give you…
– Message from the President
– Mentoring Network for Local Students Seeks Volunteers
– Student Laptop Buyers’ Guide
– Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation (BWC) Changes
2014 – May
For Westlake, Crocker Park has created a viable downtown where there wasn’t one. Construction has started on phase III and the American Greetings corporate headquarters
– Grocery Shopping Goes Cyber
– Key Awards Registration
– Stop Paying for Air
– Workers Compensation Open Enrollment
– Internet Policy and Productivity
2014 – March
2014 Apartment Industry Outlook
Nearly 1,500 new units to come on line within the last year, due to open or are in the very early stages of development.
– Tribute Jerome Spevack
– Overlay Verses New Roof
– Does it make Sense to Go Green?
– Tribute Lee Cohen
– Customers Who Don’t Pay
– Reminiscences of a Landlord Attorney
– Smart Technology Laundry Systems
– Essential Tips For Business Texting
2013 – November
Antique Hunters Trade Show
Information & Exhibitors, Appraiser Profiles
Qualified appraisers from Garth’s will be on hand to tell you about your family heirloom.
Trade Show Exhibitors participating in the silent auction will offer antiques for sale at their exhibits.
– Is Your Roof Prepared for Old Man Winter?
– What Impressions are Your Images Making?
– Four Password Management Systems
2013 – October
Properties of the Year
Grand Bay of Brecksville
Western Reserve Property Management
The Terraces at Northridge
Comet Management Services
– NOAA Supports Metro Parks Levy
– Do You Ever Turn Your Computer Off?
– Electric Rates Will Dramatically Increase
2013 – September
The Mentor-Mentee Relationship
Taking career development into your own hands.
How to find a mentor and 10 rules to follow.
– Bringing Your Brand To Market
– Reduce Operating Costs
– Cut Expenses with Submetering
– McKinley Grove has Opened its Doors!
– Email Marketing
2013 – April
(Buying) Power in Numbers
Group Purchase your way to big savings.
– Are Geese Annoying You?
– Significant Water Savings through Conservation
– Maximize Benefits of TV, Internet and Phone Contracts
– Hiring a Landscaping Partner
– Resident Screening: Why Bother?
– Three Expensive Missteps with your Data Backups
2013 – March
Historically High Occupancy
We hear from seven NOAA members on how they are taking advantage of historically low vacancies in Northeast Ohio.
– Dress for Success
– Message from the President
– How Strong is your Password?
2012 – November
Property of the Year
– NOAA Electric Savings Program
– Recovering What is Owed
– New DOE Furnace Standards
– 5 Things to Protect Your Business
– Future Electric Rates Increase
– Providing Superior Customer Service
2012 – September
A Family Affair
Joe Bobeck, wife Susan and son Joe Jr., share their insights on their family business in Cleveland, Ohio.
– The First Apartment Book
– Resurfacing Kitchens & Bathrooms
– Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter
– New Group Purchasing Member – American Brass Manufacturing
2012 – July
George Goudreau Jr.
The Goudreau Companies
George Jr. shares the history of the 86 year old Goudreau Cos.
– Multi-Family Software Survey Results
– The Pros and Cons of Switching to VOIP
Community Development Organization
– Concerned About Your Residents’ Bathroom Safety?
– Choosing the Right Vendor
– 4 Easy Ways to Avoid Getting an Avalanche of Spam
200 West Apartments
A Family Business
Dan Miclau and daughter, Janene Kubit, share their insights on their family business, 200 West Apartments located in Fairview Park, Ohio.
– To Rent or Not to Rent
– Ethics of Landlording
– If Disaster Strikes, How Fast Could You Be Up & Running
– Culture Shift from Commercial to Social